Sometime you need to do things just to have fun and not becuase there is a real need.
This is the case of my home network that I’ve over complicated ON PURPOSE.
- Two different private LAN (192.168.1.0/24, 10.0.0.0/24)
- 8 Wifi networks
- Internal DNS service to resolve hostname under subdomain (intranet.renatodelgaudio.com)
- Internal DHCP service (Disabled the one provided by the router) that automatically update the entries in the DNS). Picture below
- The two DNS machines are behind a clustered load balancer that redirect in Round Robin fashion the client’s DNS queries.
- Two NAS devices with over 9 TB available storage
- Home server running 24×7 hosting around 20 VM with APC battery
Cluster of loadbalancer to server DNS queries (This is really over engineering and made only for fun!! )